According to a many studies conducted amongst pediatricians and general practitioners, Braun Thermoscan IRT 4520 – Ear Thermometer is the best known and most recommended thermometer brand by health professionals. This ear thermometer is very popular and easy to use for taking readings on small kids.
The Braun ThermoScan(R) IRT 4520 is the only infrared ear thermometer with a pre-warmed tip and guidance system which ensures accurate, repeatable readings, giving fast, easy-to-use and hygienic temperature measurement. Since their launch 20 years ago, Braun thermometers have been recognized for their accuracy and quality.
How Does Braun ThermoScan work
The Braun ThermoScan(R) IRT 4520 measures the infrared heat generated by the eardrum and surrounding tissue. Since the eardrum shares blood supply with the temperature control center in the brain, the ear accurately reflects the core body temperature. To avoid gross temperature differences, the sensor itself is brought to a temperature close to that of the human body. When the Braun ThermoScan is placed in the ear, it continuously monitors the infrared radiation. The measurement will be finished and the result is displayed, when an accurate reading can be assured.
- Professional accuracy. Flashing light and beep confirm positioning.
- On-Off button for easy control. Memory function stores 8 readings.
- Soft, flexible tip with filter detector. Lens Filter ejector for easy removal.
- Oral, rectal or underarm use
- Includes: 2 AA batteries – 21 lens filters and cap
Designed to give you some peace of mind when your child comes down with a fever, the Braun Thermoscan Ear Thermometer with ExacTemp Technology has all the features you could ever want in a thermometer. Used by more doctors’ offices than any other infrared thermometer brand, the Thermoscan features a pre-warmed tip that improves accuracy, a unique guidance system that ensures precise results, and infrared technology that takes your child’s temperature in seconds…. Read More
How to use your Braun ThermoScan
- To achieve accurate readings, make sure a new, clean lens filter is in place before each measurement.
- Push the «I/O» button. Wait for the ready signal beep and the ready symbol in the display
- Fit the probe snugly into the ear canal, then push the «start» button
- If the probe has not been constantly placed in a stable position in the ear canal, a sequence of short beeps will sound, the «ExacTemp» light will go out and the display will show an error message
- For the next measurement, eject the used lens filter (push ejector (4)) and put on a new, clean lens filter
Buy On Amazon
Also check Best Forehead Baby Thermometers for forehead thermometers.